Student living got you down?
Check out these 18 amazing snacks that you can make in a cup in the microwave! Cheap and easy these are the perfect snacks!
I was going to review my french and linguistics but then this happened instead.
Except it’s 3.30am so it’s half-assed. //shotdead
But hopefully people will find this of use. \o/ Sorry this took so long, Anon, and I hope it answers your questions.
“Batman” is written on England in like three places. Dreamworks surfacing team, you win at life.
(big thanks to @erenrusso for coming up with the idea in the first place!!)
WHERE: the Internet
WHEN: April 5-7
WHO: You!!! Me!!! Us!!!
WHAT: Make some dating sims!!!
WHY: ‘CAUSE WE CAN!!!
HOW: Any way you want!!! Recommended tools include, but are not limited to, Ren’Py and Twine. Both are easy to learn and accessible: Ren’Py outputs versions of your game for Win/Mac/Linux, and Twine just puts out an HTML file you can put online. You can use any tool you want, though! Here’s some handy links:
- TwineHub is a great place to start if you’re interested in playing and making Twine games. Its resources section is really helpful. If you want a good starting place, definitely check out Anna Anthropy’s Twine tutorial.
- Ren’Py is a great visual novel engine, and it has a pretty good Quickstart guide on the website. If you want to do more complicated things or just make your game a little jazzier, I’m really fond of the Cookbook as well.
- Need some music or sound effects? Try nosoapradio.us or Freesound!
- Need art or fonts? Try Openclipart and Lost Type!
- Yes, you can use concepts and artwork you’ve made in the past as a starting point!
- Yes, you can collaborate!
You don’t have to sign up anywhere for this jam. All I ask is that you tag your entries with #pphsjam on tumblr, and use the #pphsjam hashtag on twitter! That way we’ll all be able to see each other’s work :^)
Because this is happening next weekend, you have some time to familiarize yourself with any tools you want to use, do any planning etc. beforehand! It’s up to you!
If you have any questions, or you’d like to submit other resources for people to use, please go ahead and send me an ask!
You may have noticed that I have not specified what counts as a “dating sim!” This is intentional! Don’t worry about it! Just go for it!!!!
This seems like it’ll be really fun! If you’re free next weekend and are interested in making a short dating sim, I’d definitely suggest participating. Here are some more tools you may think about using to create your game. Good luck!
Edit: If you’d like to arrange working on a collaboration with someone, feel free to do so in the chatroom on the left-hand side of this page.
France Gall at 16 years of age, June 1964
DIY Watercolor Texture Techniques from hatefueled on Deviant Art here. Top to bottom: alcohol, salt, blotting, stencils/erasing, sandpaper and wax. You can go to the link for more on each technique.
i need to know